Saturday, April 4, 2009

Soi Fon - Bleach


My attempt at drawing Soi Fon. Graphite, ink, carbon on bristol, 9 x 12".

This was an experiment for me, as I used graphite on bristol board ( I usually use drawing paper with some tooth to it when using graphite), and also the first time I have tried carbon. I used the carbon for the hair and part of the shoes, but I didn't much care for it...at least, not on this drawing. I ended up erasing a lot of it, or at least trying to blend it in with the graphite. I took notice that graphite can only be taken so dark on bristol board...it has a limit.

Soi Fon Original Drawing © Faeorain, 2009

Soi Fon Original Character © Tite Kubo, 2009

2 comments:

  1. very interesting indeed......love the line work I'm going to have to come back and check out more of your work.

    ReplyDelete